I hope you're having as lovely a time as I am having.
The above is an ice cream I ate in Rotorua.
It had blueberries blended into it.
It is indicative of what a nice time I am having.
Though I miss the cold weather of England.
I miss feeling Christmassy.
It's just not the same here.
Though...it is very nice to have sunny weather as well.
I worked Christmas Eve, Day and Boxing Day. Tim, of course, got them all off (GP land). But it was good - there was more food in ED than you could imagine, and I saw a lot of very interesting patients. You don't come in on Christmas Day unless you're very sick. I saw two posterior STEMIs (heart attacks) on two days - very unusual. And I ate more cakes than you could possibly imagine.
And on Christmas Day Tim got up with me to make me breakfast, and we opened our gifts together.
I got a skimboard!
Holy smokes!
And on Christmas afternoon, we went to Jenny's lovely BBQ together, where there was lamb and turkey and salmon and all sorts of good things
IT was smoking hot
All the Brits had their tops off (obligatory for men) and were quietly steaming a lovely red
Huw tried his best to get into the Christmas spirit (see above)
I ate an obscene amount of food.
But that New Zealand lamb.
Was.
Incredible.
Generally, it's been the season for sun worshipping all round. We had a BBQ on our balcony last weekend:
We had to buy a sunshade for the occasion - it was too blisteringly hot
A lot of cooling liquids were needed (see above)
It's been splendid.
But I do miss a northern hemisphere Christmas, still. Really.
In other news, here are some puns to amuse those easily amused (really, if you can't do it at Christmas, when can you do it?) The below road sign was seen at the town named Bulls in NZ (har de har har)
On an unrelated topic - did you enjoy the Christmas Doctor Who?
I...I wasn't that convinced, to be honest.
I preferred last year's.
Of course, the year before that's was the best.
Doctor Who - strangely disappointing.
Unlike Rotorua:
The lake looks calm, doesn't it?
Wait till you see the sign.
Sorry for sharing. It just tickled me.
So blunt!
Yet true.
And a glimpse of those famous hot springs.
xxx Have a lovely holiday season, wherever you are
Connie
No comments:
Post a Comment