Saturday, 30 November 2013

First kite-surfing lesson of the summer

And I got completely pulled off my feet head first into the beach. I now have a new appreciation for helmets.

Today we also went wine tasting and to the farmers' market, where we got about 1kg of free peaches. I have no idea what to do with them. Peach cobbler?

On Friday I walked around town and introduced myself to all the optometrists in town. There are three. They were all excited to see me. I explained gently that I knew nothing about anything and therefore could not help them in any way, ever. They were all very nice about it. We parted with mutual affection.

On Thursday I saw my first eye patient and dictated my first eye letter. Hurrah!

On Wednesday I scrubbed in and helped repair a globe laceration (someone who got punched in the eye on Friday, ruptured his globe but thought he'd try and sleep it off through the weekend. New Zealand men are tough. And perhaps insane.)

On Tuesday I realised just quite how little ophthalmology I know.

And that takes us back to Monday.

I leave you with the view from our apartment. So far it's been an edifying week.


No comments:

Post a Comment