Wednesday, 15 July 2015

Mawwige

Happy anniversary my beloved Timothy

Some days late (but better late than never.) Since I spent our actual wedding anniversary sitting the worst exam of my entire life (which I believe may be karmic retribution for my unbearable passing of every previous exam sat.)  Tim came to collect me from Luton airport with a gift of a Belgian bun and a piece of baklava and I told him I was far too grumpy to eat carbs and bewailed my fate generally. Lovely Timothy, whom I am so lucky to have to be grumpy at, it's been an immense pleasure to be married to you for a year, and an immense pleasure to contemplate the many years to come in your company, inshallah. May the years bless you with garish golfing blazers, and telescopic gardening equipment, and a writing bureau with more drawers than you have stationery to put in them. I love you and cherish you. Marrying you was the best thing I've ever done, apart from maybe that poem I wrote when I was 15 that used dinosaur eggs as an extended metaphor about grief. That was a work of fucking genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment