Dear folks,
Hello. I've started a blog, and I'm not even travelling. I'm in Oxford, and I don't even know how these blogs work. Man. I really hope no one else reads this. Though who would? Besides you folks. So it's probably fine.
So the reason I've started a blog is manifold. First, I have a flimsy personality. Everyone else has a blog. Ergo, I wanted a blog. Story of my life. It was like this when I was 11, except with ponies. Man, if internet ordering were as developed then as it is now, I would have 10 ponies in the backyard and my life would be extremely different. Perhaps better. It's hard to say.
Sorry, that was a lie. Not everyone has a blog. I read some blogs. And Kirsty has a blog. It's amazing! I love your blog, Kirsty. And then Tim's parents told him he should keep a blog, because he kept a travel blog when he was in Bhutan, and it was a really good way to keep in contact. So basically, one person I know has a blog, and one person I know thinks he might get a blog. In fact, when I think about it, that was probably how many people had ponies back in year 7 too. Even though it felt like pretty much everyone had a pony. That's me. Easily suggestible, and apparently extraordinarily bad at counting.
So that brings me onto the second, and by far most important point. Keeping in touch. Now, I love blogs. I read blogs. I look at the pictures on blogs for literally hours on end. But I never thought of starting a blog, because I don't have anything even remotely interesting for the great world out there to read. Just the idea of writing about my daily doings and publishing it on the internet and trying to be interesting and original about it makes me break out in a cold sweat.
But Tim's parents hit it right on the head - I loved reading Tim's travel blog when he was away. It was like getting awesome emails about everything he was up to when I was missing him. All the time! And I thought about how much I enjoyed writing emails to all of you when I was on elective, and in India, and how much I enjoyed getting emails back. I do a terrible, terrible job at keeping in contact with all the important people in my life. And I suddenly realised that a blog might be the best way to rectify that. Even though it's on the internet, no one is going to read it but you guys, because it's for you guys. It contains literally nothing of interest to anyone else. ALSO I don't have to try really hard to make it super interesting, because you guys are my friends, and what are friends for except to validate my daily mundane thoughts? Massive jokes! Obviously friends are for lots of things. I can think of at least 3 other ways you validate me without even trying (Dr Who, tea, how much is a normal amount to think about food), and I'm pretty sure there are plenty more. Massive jokes again! (see how hilarious I am?) Friends are obviously for other things besides validation! I don't have time to go into all that right now though, so you'll have to hang in for the next instalment.
So my blog is called supersuperbueno. It was going to be superbueno, but apparently that was taken. So now it's supersuperbueno! Essentially a win-win situation.
I think it's probably time to conclude what has essentially become a stream-of-consciousness tirade about my life (though James Joyce did a lot of this kind of shizzle, and everyone thinks he's some great writer or somesuch.) Anyway, I will try my hardest to update this and I really hope this helps me stay in touch with some friends I just don't contact enough, tell my family what I'm up to, and generally foster an atmosphere of joy, contentment, and peace.
Blogtastic. Also, I am like, your first follower.
ReplyDeleteHad a great day with a really crappy middle. Fully intend to spill insides at Hay in ranty way, unless I man up and sort it tomorrow.
And that makes small work thing sound bigger than it is so don't get excited.
Blog on?
Wehey! I'm following a blog! I never followed a blog, let alone read one before! Tres exciting! And Kirsty has a blog? How do I get to see that? If I may, pretty please?:) makes me feel like I should have a blog too, only it would end up very boring and as sporadic as my current system of emailing ppl once a month. And it would be all about going to the lab.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, Connie, I think this is a brilliant idea, I loved your elective emails and I'm sure I'll love this, so blog away if you pardon the expression.
***M***
***M***
Hurrah! I am feeling joyful!
ReplyDelete