Friday, 27 May 2011

39 more important things than a university education

I forgot to mention this - this morning I was drinking my tea and reading the remains of a Telegraph that I'd ripped up to wrap some broken glass in the other day, and one of the columns mentioned that Country Life had recently run a '39 more important things than getting a university education' feature, which apparently included "learning to drive a tractor" and "riding a horse to jackaroo standard". I'm in love.

2 comments:

  1. frankly I don't see why one can't ride a horse AND get a university education. In fact, I hear that up until recently, it was pretty much a standard for the sort of people who came up for University to be already pretty good at horse riding and I attribute to this fact the sad reality that horse riding is NOT party of University education. Interestingly, I've been considering getting some riding lessons over the summer as an alternative to my life in the lab!

    Anything else on the list I should cover?
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't actually read the list, I read an article on the list. So sadly I can't tell you. But I feel sure you have covered most of them already in your inimitable Polish way! :)

    ReplyDelete