...the less I seem to get done. Here I am at the end of 6 weeks of SSM, feeling slightly shocked and dazed it's all gone so quickly. I blame the multiple bank holidays. Derm has been great, though, and today being my last day I brought in cookies for all the staff, and also managed to cut out my first tumour. It was a beautiful little mole - una lunar in Span.
I actually arrived horrendously late this morning because I lost my railcard and train tickets to Bristol. They turned up inside a book I'd consigned to the charity shop pile. Why? That wouldn't even have made me late. What made me late is that I had my keys in my hand when I was looking for them, and at some point during the search process I put the keys down somewhere. Somewhere totally sensible.
I can't even talk about it. Half an hour later, and doubting my own sanity, I finally found the little buggers under the cushion of my desk chair. Sweating attractively, I turned up to derm half an hour late to discover there were no patients, and everyone sitting around drinking tea.
I love derm.
Yesterday Tim and I went to Fire and Stone for dinner, but stupidly I didn't make a booking and because it was £4 Thursdays they were totally full. So instead we went next door to Jamie's Italian and had lots of tiny starters - Italian style tapas, if you like. for someone with my short attention span and food-indecision and general greed, tapas is my ideal way of eating.We had Italian nachos, which were basically deep-fried ravioli covered with parmesan and with a spicy tomato sauce, and cuttlefish pasta, and potato-filled ravioli. Double-carb heaven.
Marathon training is not going well. I did my first 3 miles fine, and then the next day I went to do my 4 miles. Got bored after 200m and went for a lovely swim instead. 200m! That is a record. And not the good kind of record.
Hope you guys have a lovely weekend and that the weather holds for you!
Bristol! To see meeee!
ReplyDeleteThere is a place around the corner from us that does tapas things, but completely non Spanish. Like, deep fried risotto mozzarella balls. We must go one day!