Sunday, 2 September 2012

A cycle by the river

This afternoon, I went for a cycle by the river.

Tim was on-call today, so I had no one to play with but my shadow. 
But that was ok, because it was a beautiful day!


Palmerston North is a windy city, and it is surrounded by mountains filled with wind turbines.


It was super quiet, no one else around.


The Manuwatu river runs through Palmy.

It's a pretty sweet scene. 


A cycle trail runs all the way along.


It's all very stunning.
I cycled for about 2 hours, and then turned into the centre to find civilisation.

 A mini train!


By the time I'd finished cycling, it was 5pm. Having eaten at 10am and then gone swimming and then cycling, I was HUNGRY. I realised the only option was to go and purchase some gin to ease the pain.

Turns out, in NZ, you can't buy spirits in the supermarket. You have to go to liquorland!


I felt like a serious alcoholic going in here. But I purchased my Gordon's gin. And I managed to catch the last rays of the afternoon sun on the balcony.


A pretty much perfect day. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment