Sunday, 24 July 2011

A walk along the Tyne

It was beautifully sunny today and I walked out my new jogging route for the first time along the Tyne, passing down along the quayside, over the Millennium bridge, and then back across the northern shore. There was a market on the shore today, selling leather satchels, cupcakes, fudge, plants, shawls, wooden carvings, that sort of thing. There was a sandy area with deckchairs, and millions of food stalls - from Caribbean to fish'n'chips to traditional roast and, of course, ice-creams. As I walked up towards the city library I saw a man abseiling from a building. He had attracted a Sunday crowd around him, all looking upwards with upturned faces and cameras. One man was very earnestly explaining to the (Asian) woman next to him how you can do these sorts of things for charity. It was very quiet in the centre of town. The river looked stunning in the sunlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment